Saturday, July 11, 2009

Today we sent our hearts to Heaven.

Two years ago today Lolly Pop Kid was born.  Today we celebrated his birthday without him.

Two years ago today our lives were a little fuller.   Today they are a lot emptier.

Two years ago today I became a grandma for the second time.  Today I feel stripped of that honor.

Two years ago today four people became a family.  Today that family is forever changed.

Two years ago today I touched vibrant red hair.  Twelve days ago I touched it for the last time.

One year ago today I watched Lolly eat a Lolly Pop. Today I watched Lolly's balloons go to heaven.

One year ago today I watched Lolly open gifts. Today we watched Lolly receive gifts in the sky.

Twenty years ago I watched two children play. Today I watched two adults, one consoling, one grieving.

Twenty years ago I sat with a friend and watched those children. Today I sat with a friend and watched those children.

For two years I watched two people love their son.  Today I watched two people love their son.

Two years ago today we celebrated a life.  Today we celebrated a life.

Today we sent our hearts to heaven.

balloons1


balloons2


balloons3

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home