Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Brunch

My son, LCpl Honda is returning to his base to prepare for his upcoming deployment next week. As I have mentioned, he will work in combat cargo. His job is to unload helicopters which includes supplies and/or people. He along with his fellow Marines and of course the Navy will be cruising the high seas. He is going to see many parts of the world. I know this will be a great adventure for him and I will update his progress. What is my job? Well, I get to make sure his bills are paid and babysit his car. Corvette and I will drive out this week and see him off. Then since a one way car rental is so expensive me and Corvette have to caravan back. It is only a six hour drive so I guess it will be okay. I am looking forward to seeing the carrier leave with all the fanfare. I am not looking forward to my son being gone for months. I guess that is normal.




I have a new post up at Parent's Zone. It is about a organization that is trying to have a flag Congressional and military sanctioned to Honor and Remember all who have given their life for our country. It would also be a visible sign to each American. Please go and sign the petition to make this flag possible.






So the recipe for today is of course Lasagna in honor of LCpl Honda's birthday this past week I do not make it from scratch but it always turns out good. It is one of his favorite dishes and it is also a Christmas Eve tradition for our family. We always partake of Lasagna on Christmas Eve and then enjoy a traditional dinner on Christmas Day of turkey, ham, stuffing mashed potatoes... Needless to day we have lots of leftovers to feast on for the following week. I do fear that this year will be a little tougher than past years with LCpl Honda gone and Lolly Pop Kid in Heaven. It have been tough but we do have our new additions, Fuzzy and Wuzzy.




Lastly, why am I back here on blogger? Well let's just say that there are some things I can not do on wordpress. So here I am.




My Lasagna




1 pound hamburger


1 pound sweet Italian sausage


1 can spaghetti sauce


1 box of no boil lasagna noodles


15 oz ricotta cheese


8 oz mozzarella cheese


pinch of onion powder


pinch of garlic powder




Brown the hamburger and sausage. Add the sauce and reserve about a 1/4 a cup for later. Start with a layer of meat. Add a layer of ricotta by drops. Layer noodles on top. Add extra sauce to cover noodles. Continue this until you have two to three layers or whatever you desire. Finish with a layer of mozzarella on top. Cover with foil and put in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home