Monday, November 16, 2009

How About a Winter Vacation?

Since I live in a very warm climate sometimes I long to take a nice winter getaway. It would be great to go somewhere where the seasons actually change and the weather is brisk.

When my kids were small, we only took a summer Family Vacation. I always wondered what it would have been like for my kids to take ski vacations. I can imagine them throwing snowballs and making a snowman. They became very adept at water skiing and swimming but never winter sports.

There are so many wonderful resorts and lodges across the country. For instance, Vermont Hotels provide a magical winter holiday getaway. People can find something close to home so a long weekend could be a great chance to take the family on a wonderful outing or spend a week or two having fun on the slopes.


Many resorts offer family packages, couple’s retreats and corporate package deals for business trips. Some have private condominiums while others have luxury suites. In addition, if you are like me and you do not know how to ski, most lodges will offer beginning ski lessons to make the adventure a memorable one.

My kids are all grown now, but I would not mind taking a winter holiday with Corvette even if was to sit by a warm fire and watch the snow fall. Yes, I think it is time to find the snow boots.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home