Friday, May 15, 2009

Comment about A Mother's Silent Scream

Laurie, another Marine mom left this comment about my Parent's Zone article A Mother's Silent Scream: Coping with Impending Deployment.

Your story is mine. My son is USMC Lcpl. somewhere in the world traveling as I write this to his first deployment. God help me I had no idea I could hold my breath this long, let alone how long it will take until he is safely back home.

My motto is "It is what it is." I also avoid the subject w/ non-military families. It is just too difficult. I am consumed at the moment, looking for distractions and move between pride and fear every second.

I remind myself that I (we) raised a Marine and that he represents everything the embodies the few and the proud. He is my hero in every sense of the word.

Set your intentions high and know that our fears are insignificant compared to the job our boys have volunteered to do. Find peace in friends and family, and remember to have courage. Our boys sent to war need to know that we will be okay.

Thank your son for me for his service to our country. Thank you for raising a Marine.
Semper Fi,
Laurie


It is good to know that we are not alone. Sometimes it feels that way. It gives me great comfort to belong to this huge "family."

Thanks Laurie and your LCpl will remain in our thoughts and prayers through his deployment and when his feet are again on American soil.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home