Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Butterfly

Eight years ago, tomorrow you came into our lives. I never could have imagined how a child that I did not bear myself could be so special and loved. But you are. I remember I did not meet you until you were about a month old because you were born an army brat on a post far away from your Grandpa and I. When we finally did meet, you were lying on a bed. Grandpa and I walked up and stood over just taking you in. Grandpa and I both looked at each other at the same time with huge smiles and teary eyes. We then looked back down at you I remember your mommie saying, "You can pick her up!"

 I guess the moment was a little overwhelming and I remember thinking we were standing there for a long time. It was as if the moment froze in time. It is burned into my memory. On that day, in that moment my heart took a picture. It was not the first time and it will not be the last. The many heart pictures that make up the mural of your life now surround that picture.

 Have the happiest of birthdays sweet Butterfly. I look forward to continuing to watch you flutter your wings.

birthflowers

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home