Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Brunch

I have not been posting too much lately. I guess that is because I just do not have the gumption (sp?) or the ideas to talk about. I am going to try and post everyday. I need to get back to posting because it helps me get through my life. I have already established Military Monday, Wordless Wednesday & Quote of the Week. I want to include Sunday Brunch which I think will be a little recap of my week and a recipe that maybe someone might like to try.

I decided to include Angel Tuesday. Lolly Pop Kid went to heaven on a Tuesday. I know that I will never live through a Tuesday without thinking about him leaving us. That is just the way it is. I think that I will profile a child that is going to heaven or a famly that has lost a child. I know what it is like to have a lived with one that is sick with a possible terminal illness. Please pray for Sydney

There are a lot of children out there that need prayers. There are a lot of parents' that lost their child. I just need to reach out.

So here is the recipe that I would like to share:

Chipolte Chicken with Flaming_Tequelia Pepper Salsa Avocado Ranch Dressing

 

Ingredients


    4 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided 6 slices smoky bacon, chopped
  • 2 1/2 pounds ground chicken breast

  • 2 medium onions, chopped

  • 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated

  • 2 to 3 tablespoons puréed chipotles in adobo

  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin

  • 1 tablespoon ground coriander

  • 1 tablespoon smoked paprika

  • 3 tablespoons tomato paste

  • 1 quart chicken stock

  • Salt and ground black pepper

  • 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped

  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped

  • 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped

  • 2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped

  • 1 medium red onion, chopped

  • 3 to 4 shots tequila

  • Juice of 1 lime

  • 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped

  • 1 avocado, pitted

  • 1 cup buttermilk

  • Juice of 1 lemon

  • 1/4 cup finely chopped chives

  • Crushed tortilla chips, for garnish




Preparation




Place a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the bacon to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken to the pot and continue cooking until golden brown, 5-6 minutes.



Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until the veggies are tender, 4-5 minutes. Add the puréed chipotles, cumin, coriander, paprika and tomato paste to the pot and cook until the spices are aromatic and beginning to caramelize, about 1 minute. Add the chicken stock, some salt and pepper to the pot and bring up to a bubble. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.

Step While the chili is simmering, place a medium skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the peppers and red onion to the skillet and cook until the veggies are tender, 4-5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and add in the tequila. Return the skillet to the heat and flame the tequila to burn off most of the alcohol. Add the lime juice, cilantro and some salt to the salsa. Reserve.



In the bowl of a food processor combine the avocado, buttermilk, lemon juice and chives. Process until smooth then season with salt and pepper.



Serve up the chili topped with some of the tequila-pepper salsa and avocado ranch. Garnish with some crushed tortilla chips.




All I can say is pray for us and we will pray for you. This recipe probaly seems over the top, but it is just the way I feel at this point.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home