Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What is a Turducken?

That was my question last year. I first heard about it on the radio so naturally I had to find out all about it. It seems that a Turducken is a chicken stuffed into a duck that is then stuffed into a turkey. I really wonder who ever came up with this. Apparently, there are many people enjoying this dish for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The first Turducken is traced back to Paul Prudhomme, a creole chef. It is said he created the dish for the Duvell Festival in Washington . There is a company called Herbert’s Specialty Meats in Maurice Louisiana that prepares around 5,000 Turducken orders a week during Thanksgiving. I guess there are quite a few people out there that like Turducken!

I am not so sure this would be something I would like. I am not especially fond of duck. Although a chicken in a turkey might not be so bad. Hmm. Turchicken anyone?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

My sister makes this for Christmas Eve dinner. I never did know what it was so thanks for filling me in! It is good though!

December 2, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home