Thursday, October 1, 2009

The HouseHusband was Right

I woke up this morning like every morning and began preparing to go to work. After getting dressed, I let my big red dog Lucie outside to do her morning business. On the way see stopped to smell the end of the couch. It took a little coaxing to get her out side. Usually she goes right out. When she came back in she again went the side up the couch and started sniffing. I did not think too much about that as my cat Angelina was sitting on the couch. I just figured Lucie wanted to play with Angelina. Nothing new there Angelina for the most part, wants nothing much to do with any sort of interaction concerning Lucie.

I fed Lucie, Buddy my Chihuahua and Angelina and finished getting ready for work. I went to put Lucie in her crate and again she stopped to smell the couch. It being before 6:00 o'clock in the morning I had only one light on in the kitchen and could not see to well. After getting all the animals taken care of for the day I made my lunch and sat down to watch the news for a few minutes.

As I was preparing to walk out the door, I saw it. Right there on the arm of the couch was a huge pile of cat barf. I do mean huge! Now let me tell you, I do not do well with vomit of any kind. Yes, I have three kids, four grandkids, numerous dogs, cats, birds, rats even a potbellied pig and I have handled many let's just say less than desirable situations but regurgitation ranks as the one thing I can not handle.

Ok, so I cannot just leave it there, right. Therefore, off I am to get paper towels and cleaner. One thought came to my mind as I prepared to clean the vomit. I was watching an episode of 'Househusbands of Hollywood' the other day. Tempestt Bledsoe and her husband Darryl have cats. The have one in particular that vomits all the time. Since he is home all day, it is his job to clean the vomit. Tempestt gets upset because her leaves the vomit on the carpet for 24 hours until it dries and then cleans it up. He says it is easier after the vomit dries. I remember watching and thinking how gross to do that.

So, I start cleaning and Angelina must have done this sometime during the night because right away I notice the vomit is dry. Guess what? It is easier to clean. It came right off the couch, I only had to wash the area a little bit, and the couch is as good as new. I am happy, not gagging and I can go to work with peace of mind. In addition, I do not have to deal with Corvette complaining about the animals.

Now I do not advocate leaving animal puke on carpet or furniture for any period of time, but I do understand what Darryl was taking about on that episode. And that was my morning. How was yours?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home