Thursday, March 5, 2009

Please join me in celebrating Women's History Month. It is to honor past and present women that served in the military. Since Cinderella is a veteran soldier I thought I would do my part to honor her and other military women. I am going to interview Cinderella on her experiences being in the Army so look for that soon.

While I was looking for more information on the subject I ran across the website for the The Women In Military Service For America Memorial. If you have ever been to Washington D.C. this is one memorial not to miss. We were able to see it when were in D.C. two years ago.


I also ran across this article about First Lady Michelle Obama visiting the memorial on March 3rd to help honor our women veterans. I am impressed by Mrs. Obama's dedication to all of our troops.


Excerpted from washingtonpost.com

As part of her continued campaign to focus on military families, first lady Michelle Obama visited the Women's Memorial at Arlington National Cemetery today, where she thanked women for their years of service in the U.S. military and said she was honored and "deeply moved" by her meetings with military families in recent years. Please read the rest of the article here.


I always try and thank our vets and active duty military. This month try and pay special attention to our women vets too.

Thanks again Cinderella. Your family is proud of you!


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home