Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Booklet

I received a booklet in the mail the other day. It was from Miss Foundation an advocacy group that not only works to educate people on stillborn, infant and childhood death, they also provide a place for bereaved parents and grandparents to come together, share and get help with the grieving process.

I contacted the group not long after Lolly Pop Kid went to heaven in an attempt to cope with my own grief and to try to help Cinderella in any way I could. At the time, they sent me a packet filled with information about the subject. The booklet had lots of information and it listed so many names of Angel children. I never realized how many children die each year and how many other people were out there with the same feelings I had.


A couple days ago another issue of the booklet arrived in the mail. I did not pick it up and look at it until yesterday. As I was looking through it, I came upon a section titled recent losses. There I saw it. Lolly’s name printed with several other children. I have to admit it was like a stab in the gut. Not that I think I am over this, because I never will be, but I have managed to find a new “normal” way of living. I know that I still think about him everyday. I just do not feel sucker-punched as much as in the beginning.

I also read that October 15 was National Infant and Child Death Awareness and Prevention Day. I was unaware of this. I wish I would have know because I would have worked to get the word out to help other parents and family members that find themselves in this sad group.

We cannot bring Lolly back but at least we know there is help out there and it is comforting to know that our Lolly is not forgotten. Certainly not by us and not by people who did not even know him.

Love you and miss you big boy!
 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home