Tuesday, October 6, 2009

On Getting Paid to Blog

Blogging has definitely exploded over the last few years. I started reading blogs a little over a year ago. I probably read close to fifty blogs on a regular basis and communicate with many of the authors. A soldier deployed to Iraq wrote the first blog I started reading. I must admit I was hooked almost immediately. The soldier is a very talented writer and he was able to describe events taking place with such eloquence. He had a remarkable way of comparing and contrasting his military service, deployment and personal life. He eventually had to cease and desist. The military thought he might be revealing a little too much concerning his deployment. He now has a book coming out soon.

I started blogging not long after I started reading blogs. I do love to read and write and over the past year, I have learned quite a bit about blogging and advertising on blogs. Although, I digress, I still have a lot to learn. I do however find it very satisfying to write a review for a product, website or company. Making extra money is a plus too.

Companies have found that blog advertising can and does reach many potential customers. A well-written, popular blog with a regular readership is a lucrative way for companies to attract new customers. Writing blog posts for advertising is easy. After signing up, the blogger can write about the subjects they choose. This is nice because the bloggers can write about what is interesting to them.

Therefore, blogging for money is good deal for both bloggers and advertisers. I expect this form of advertising will continue for a long time. I am sure the internet is not going anywhere soon. My ultimate dream would be to get paid to blog full time. Hint, anybody want to hire me? But seriously, I will definitely keep writing and loving it at the same time

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home